Here is a some information about our most favourite stuff......(yawn): TERMS & CONDITIONS! Hike NZ is one of four brands that are owned by Speranza Travel Ltd., of Christchurch, New Zealand. Below is one of our standard Trip Agreements/Booking Forms that will be sent to you should you book a tour with us. You will be making a contract with the parent company, Speranza Travel Ltd.
1. THE TRIP AGREEMENT: This agreement is made between Speranza Travel Ltd and the client.
2. CONFIRMATION: Your participation in the tour is confirmed upon receipt of the signed Trip Agreement and the deposit.
3. PRICE 2020: $_ _ _ _ NZD per person in double occupancy. Single supplement $ _ _ _ NZD.
4. PAYMENT: A non-refundable deposit of $300 per person is usually required to reserve your place on the tour. The Final Payment is required 30 days before departure.
Payment can be made by international bank transfer, by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) through our secure online portal hosted by Payment Express. New Zealand residents can pay via ebank transfer.
To pay by credit card. Inform us that you wish to pay by credit card and we will send you an email which will tell you the amount owed along with a dedicated link which is specific to you, your tour, and the payment due. The link will take you to our secure online payment portal hosted by PAYMENT EXPRESS where you will be able to pay by credit card. Payment by credit card is subject to a 3% fee to cover credit card charges. The debit on your credit card statement will show payment having been made to SPERANZA TRAVEL LTD
5. CANCELLING A TRIP
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation.
More than 30 days before departure loss of deposit.
Between 15 and 29 days before departure 75% of the trip price per person.
Between 0 and 14ys before departure 100% of the trip price per person.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE. Please be advised that we often turn away business to commit to trips like yours therefore should you cancel the trip as a whole or your participation in the trip we will apply the terms and conditions of the trip agreement. Trip cancellation insurance is a very good idea and does not cost a lot of money so please be smart and protect yourself against unforeseen eventualities.
6. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES AND SMALL GROUP POLICY: Our policy varies so please see the "Guaranteed Departures" tab for specific details.
7. REFUNDS. Speranza Travel Ltd does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or trek arrangements. Land cost is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
8. THE TRIP CONDITIONS: X nights' accommodation; X breakfasts and X dinners; X entrances, X special event, 1 Hike NZ guide accompanies group of 2 to 8 participants and two guides accompany tours with more than 8 participants.
9. PHOTO RELEASE. By participating in the tour, you consent and agree that Speranza Travel Ltd its employees, or agents have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you during the tour and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of marketing/promoting Speranza Travel Ltd (Hike NZ, Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours) tours. You understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for using your image in photographs, videotape, or digital recordings for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
10. IF WE CHANGE THE TRIP. It is unlikely that we will have to make any fundamental changes to the trip, but in the event that we need to make changes we reserve the right to do so at any time. In the event that these changes result in a lower standard of accommodation or service then you will be compensated.
11. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TRIP. Speranza Travel Ltd accepts responsibility for ensuring that all component parts of the tour are supplied, and services offered reach a reasonable standard. If any such part is not provided, Speranza Travel Ltd will pay you an appropriate compensation. We have taken all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all our tours and that the suppliers of the various services provided to you as part of the tour are efficient, safe and reputable and comply with the local and national laws and regulations of the country in which they provide those services. However, we do not have direct control over the provision of services to clients by suppliers, and we cannot be held responsible or liable for death, injury or illness caused to clients, unless through negligence of our employees, or contractors directly in our employee for the tour.
I have read and understand the Information given and Conditions of booking and accept them.
Toll free Canada & USA
please note this will ring through to our office in New Zealand and will be answered between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. New Zealand time.
(+64) 021 0711972